Heathlands Primary School

To visit Heathlands Primary School's main web site please CLICK HERE

Tuesday 21 January 2014

A Musical Christmas - by Younes

Just before Christmas I took part in  a music performance at the Orpen
Hall for the older folk and children from the Bluebells playgroup in
the village. First up were the solo guitarists, followed by the
pianists (most of them played Christmas songs eg 'Away in a Manger',
'Jingle Bells'). Everybody played excellently on their instruments.

Next it was my turn on the violin. I played 'Silent Night' in a group,
there were six Grade One violinists and two Beginners, including me
and a child from Year 3. I felt quite scared because it was my first
time playing it in public, and I came back to my chair with a very red
face, but I hope I played most of it right!

The choir concluded the show with a few songs, and then we all
returned to school feeling Christmas-y!

I really enjoyed my first violin performance and hope to play in more
concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment