Heathlands Primary School

To visit Heathlands Primary School's main web site please CLICK HERE

Tuesday 9 July 2013

My taster day at St Mary's by Abby


Way back in December, I went to St Marys school for girls for a taster day. It was FABULAOUS! I had the best time ever! Once I had arrived at the school, I had butterflies in my stomach because I know absolutely NOBODY.
 We walked to our first class, Latin. It was not my favourite subject ( to be honest I barely new anything but I am sure I will soon learn!) Some of the girls new something, but I was absolutely clueless!!
The next subject was French, we learned about the French words for stationary. I knew some words and we also played the memory game were you had to say a word and the next person had to repeat the word and then had to add on another word and so on.
We had a quick break and then moved on to do music. We had to wait five minutes for the teacher to get there because he forgot it was taster day (oops)!!! We had to compose a scary piece of music for Halloween.  I made two new friends, Anna and Tilly. Unfortunately, Tilly is not going to the school in SeptemberL.    But Anna’s in the same form as me!!
After that, we did English (or literacy) with Miss Long.  We had to write a character description about the mole in Wind in the Willows.
Last but not least, we did Drama. We played lots and lots and lots of games and I think it was my favourite lesson!
Sadly we had to end a great day by departing back for home.   I have now made THREE more friends, Ally, Jessica and Anna. I am hoping to see them next year in year seven. Luckily Ally and Anna are in my form, 7 Alpha.

                                                                                                                             

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to all the Year 6 pupils as they move on to a whole new world as Year 7s! Perhaps you can come back and tell the next Year 6 group all about it?

    ReplyDelete